Sloth Athletica is the brain child of amateur athlete Lynn Smythe. She used to be a hardcore weekend warrior and participated in many cycling, running, duathlon and triathlon races.
At once point Lynn had a few sponsors and many companies sending her gear, equipment and clothing to test and review for the now defunct Bike Diva blog.
Lynn’s current athletic passions include standup paddle boarding (SUP) and running. She still owns 3 bikes (road, mountain and an awesome hybrid with flat bar and disc brakes) and plans to get back into cycling on a more regular basis.
If you’d like Sloth Athletica to feature your yoga, strength training, duathlon, triathlon, hiking, walking, running, trail running, cycling, swimming, paddle board, kayak, canoe or general fitness clothing, equipment, gear or accessories in an upcoming blog post please reach out to: email@example.com.
Team in Training Participant
From the mouth of the Sloth:
“When I was in my early 40’s I decided to do my first event (a 100 mile century bike ride) with Team in Training to help raise much need funds for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Fast forward to 2017 and I just turned 54.
“On April 29, 2018 I’ll be doing St. Anthony’s Triathlon with the Palm Beach Chapter of Team in Training. Although official training doesn’t start until January, our coach Micki Fetterman, has already scheduled a Get to Know the Team Splash Party for December 2nd. The party’s being held on the intracoastal side of Coral Cover Park in Jupiter, Florida.
“I want to try and get a paddle in after the event so will be brining my iSUP (inflatable standup paddleboard) with me. I might even set it up early, so anyone at the splash party that is feeling a bit swim challenged, can start off from the SUP.”
Raising Funds for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Team in Training is the main fundraising program for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Lynn has completed 9 events with Team in Training since 2006 and is currently training for her 10th event – St. Anthony’s Triathlon. While training for marathons, triathlons and bike rides with Team in Training, Lynn has raised over $60,000 for the Leukemia society.
- Fall 2006 – Intracoastal Waterway Century Ride – 100 mile bike ride – Cocoa Beach, FL
- Fall 2007 – El Tour de Tucson Century Ride – 100 mile bike ride – Tucson, Arizona
- Fall 2008 – Intracoastal Waterway Century Ride – 100 mile bike ride – Cocoa Beach, FL
- Spring 2009 – America’s Most Beautiful Bike Ride – 100 mile bike ride – Tahoe, Nevada
- Fall 2010 – Intracoastal Waterway Century Ride– 100 mile bike ride – Cocoa Beach, FL
- Spring 2011 – FAU Wellness Triathlon – sprint triathlon – Boca Raton, FL
- Spring 2011 – St. Anthony’s Triathlon – Olympic triathlon – St. Petersburg, FL
- Winter 2012 – Disney Half Marathon – 13.1 miles – Orlando
- Winter 2014 – Dopey Challenge – 4 days of running – 48.6 miles – Orlando, FL
- Spring 2018 – St. Anthony’s Triathlon – Olympic triathlon – St. Petersburg, FL
Thank Your For Your Support
If you would like to make a donation to Team in Training, you can make a donation in Lynn Smythe’s name, to benefit the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society through this Team in Training donation page. The money helps fund research to find a cure and support programs for people diagnosed with leukemia and other blood cancers. Lynn will keep everyone updated on her training for this crazy event through various blog articles and social media postings. GO TEAM!